This model highlights the effects of community expenditure and policing expenditure on youth and adult detention within Bourke. We can see the role these expenditures play within the crime rates for both groups.
- Adults include all those individuals above 18 years old
- Youth are those individuals below 18 years old
- Petty crime is the offences committed by youths
- Crime is the offences committed by adults
- Community programs can include any program aimed at bettering individuals e.g sports, community cleanups
- Juvenile Detention is for youths
- Adult Detention is for adults
The sliders presented allow us to vary the level of funding given for either community or policing expenditure. Both of these include a range from 0-1, hence we are able to select which proportion of funding goes where in order to view how it affects the community justice system.