Sign Up for a Free Account
Start Building Insights and Models
These models and simulations have been tagged “Criminal-Offence”.
The model portrays the movement of women in-between train carriages if an additional women-only carriage is added on a train. As after looking at statistics from the Australian Bureau of Statistics and from the Crime and Justice Statistics NSW, a high rate of criminal offences towards women has developed over the years. This particular aims to help illustrate if women would feel safer and would catch the train more often if a women-only train carriage was added.
- Approximately 12,000 women catch the train.
- The initial number of women catching the mix carriage is 0.
- The initial number of women catching the women-only carriage is 0.
- The initial criminal offence rate is 0.89, meaning that 89% of women between the age of 18 and 50 years old are victim of criminal offence on trains.
- The initial rate of women who feel unsafe but are not victim of criminal offence is 0.2, meaning 20%.
- Rate of women catching the train as a public transport.
- Rate of women entering carriage: either the mix carriage or the women-only carriage.
- Rate of risk: the percentage of women that are at risk catching the train in the mix-carriage.
- Entering same carriage: the percentage of women re-entering the mix carriage because they felt safe or did not experience any criminal offence towards them.
- Risk of fear: the percentage of women who feel unsafe and are afraid of a criminal offence happening to them.
- Crime rate: the percentage of criminal offence towards women.
- Rate of new transport method: the percentage of women catching another transport method than the train due to feeling unsafe in the train or being a victim of criminal offence.
- Rate of change of carriage in between mix and women-only carriages.
- Rate of safety: the percentage of how safe women feel in the women-only carriage.
- Enter women only carriage: the percentage of women entering the women-only carriage.
- Rate of trauma: the percentage of women being traumatised and too scared from entering the mix carriage due to criminal offences.
To note when running the simulation:
- Compare how many women catch the mix carriage against the women only carriage.
- How many changes to another train carriage due to the different reasons.
Women-only train carriage
9 months ago