These models and simulations have been tagged “Cognition”.
Adapted from Fig 7.1 p.269 of the Book: James A. Forte ( 2007), Human Behavior and The Social Environment: Models, Metaphors and Maps for Applying Theoretical Perspectives to Practice Thomson Brooks/Cole Belmont ISBN 0-495-00659-9
- The two birds are the Jiva and Isvara, both existing in an individual compared to a tree.
- They exist together as the reflection and the original.
- They both manifest themselves in different ways in every individual.
- From the characteristics of the Jiva it is possible to infer the nature of Isvara, and from the nature of Isvara it is possible to determine the potentialities of the Jiva.
- Both the Jiva and Isvara have a common substratum which is Brahman and which is the reality of both.